Ideas & Strategies - Setting Objectives and Providing Feedback
Writing Content and Language Objectives:
- SIOP provides a checklist for evaluating your content and language objectives.
- SIOP, Susana Dutro and others provide a list of signal words to use for content and language objectives.
- According to Gibbons (1991), a multitude of language functions occur in the classroom each day.
- Another list of useful words content and language objective (photos of content and language objectives )
- Using sentence frames allows ELLs to practice using language correctly. (sentence frames: website / pdf)
In order to provide meaningful feedback, ongoing informal assessments are essential. Below are a few ways that teachers can conduct quick, informal check-ins.