Marzano, Pickering & Pollock performed a meta-analysis of the most effective instructional practices. It is important to distinguish "activity" from "instructional strategy" and examining the results of the research will help us as teachers to become more explicit in our instruction as we identify specific interventions.
- Virginia Collier, Wayne P. Thomas - A National Study of School Effectiveness for Language Minority Students' Long-Term Academic Achievement - 2002
- SIOP - Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol
- GLAD - Guided Language Acquisition Design
- ELD - Systematic English Language Development: A Focused Approach for English Learner Instruction
- Great City Schools - "Succeeding With English Language Learners: Lessons Learned from the Great City Schools"
- Teaching ELLs - What the Research Does-and Does Not-Say
- What Does The Research Say?